Friday, August 24, 2007

Victorious me

Hola! I haven't posted a blog yesterday. Sorry to my (according to Louie) very obsessed fan out there who might contemplate suicide after learning that I ended a day without posting a blog. Scary huh? Heh heh. Anyway, let's support my trainer's idea. Let's name that fan "Maf", as in My Avid Fan.

So let me catch you up on all my life's events since Wednesday night. To start with, I would like to say, ladies and gentlemen, na ang haba ng hair ng lola mo. Hahaha. Yeah. Believe that coz I've got three supporting statements here. First, mahaba naman talaga ang hair ko. I don't know the exact length from scalp to tip of course, but down from my clavicle (pardon the nurse's jargon), it's 7 to 8 inches long. Second, Ate Maudie told me last Sunday after the 2nd-service praise-and-worship that my hair's so long na. Well, we didn't see each other for like two months na kasi, at nagpa-rebond ako nung July 11 so parang mas humaba pa talaga ang hair ko after the treatment. For the third statement, well, this is more like a churva thingy lang.. Kasi last Wednesday night, I was conversing with these two guys thru text, and (guess what!) they ACTUALLY proposed to me. Imagine?! Magkasunod! Ang haba talaga ng hair ko. So there. By the way, one of them was Craven, and the other one is, well, let's name him "Sanjeev" na lang. I almost (ALMOST) gave my "yes" to Craven that night coz he was saying things that were so sweet and sincere. Buti na lang I was able to control my self and think clearly. (Imagine the tip of my index finger almost touching my thumb) I was this close to having a boyfriend that night! Oh my. Buti na lang Jay-Jay's with me that time. His presence alone prompted me to think think think, not just feel feel feel. But, come to think of it, something happened that time too.. I think a mutual understanding has been confirmed between Craven and I. ..Tsk. Anyway, I hope Craven will be the kind of guy I am expecting him to be. He calls me "honey or hon" for a time now even if we're not really a couple. That's so sweet of him. So, heck, let him be. On the other hand, Sanjeev also said that he loves me. Oh, por favor! Now that's something I didn't know how to react to. He's my friend/tropa/barkada/kaibigan for crying out loud!!!! Sigh. But I do like him, honestly. Now I'm confused. Sabagay naman, at least I didn't commit myself sa kahit isa sa kanila that night. My spiritual foundation is strong, thank goodness. Though my need for intimacy is too strong to be neglected sometimes, I'm still able to resist things that are not meant to happen this soon. (Victorious me!)

Now, this is the next spiritual battle I survived: I'm actually here now in the 29th-floor pantry of eTel Libis coz sa lounge ulit ako matutulog ngayon. Kagagaling ko lang sa "Brown Paper Bag". It's a place where people drink and smoke, and basically have their kind of fun. I went there with 9 of my eTel buddies (5 girls and 4 guys) after our training class. Uminom ba'ko? No. Nagyosi ba'ko? No. Nakakatawa man pero sumama ako sa kanila and I didn't drink nor smoke. I just drank one 12-oz. bottle of Royal, ate the "pulutan", danced a bit, and had fun with them! See? I can now do that. Kung may nakakaalam kung sino ako nung high school at nung nasa PUP pa'ko, they might have a hard time believing that I didn't take even a drop of alcoholic drink nor take a pull from a stick this particular evening. I was seating beside "M", this guy wavemate of mine, who kept offering me his glass and cigarette. But, thank God, I was able to say NO all the time. At buti na lang "P" was like protecting me coz I told her that I don't drink. Pinapatigil nya yung guys sa pag-aalok sa'kin ng beer. Sobrang gustong gusto ko na rin sanang uminom kahit isang lagok lang ng San Mig Light, Strong Ice, or Red Horse... I was even tempted to smoke. But for the nth time, thank You Lord! Because na-control ko ang sarili ko. Really, the old has gone -- the new has come. God knows how hard the battle was kanina sa Brown Paper Bag. I spent my teenage years celebrating things with liquors, slim handheld chimneys, et cetera. When He found me two years ago, I was like a rebel. But then He changed my life completely and loved me unconditionally. I gave up every twisted principle and angst when He asked me to surrender my life. Now I'm free from the things of this world. I found out that there's more to life than high grades, cool friends, popularity, being "in", and so on. So habang nag-iinuman sila kanina, tamang kwento lang ako at deliver ng punchlines. Tamang sayaw kami on our seats at tamang kanta ng rock songs. We had fun! Nag-enjoy kami. A photographer from the Pulp mag even took our picture. Haha. He said they'll feature the place daw kasi sa mag nila kaya nandun yung group nila, taking pictures and interviewing the manager. Hmm. Ma-publish kaya pati picture namin? Anyway, we'll receive our first salary na next week... Sana may gimik ulit kami. Pero sana dinner naman. =) Winks*

0 comments: