Thursday, February 21, 2008

Massage & Chocolate

I just had a massage. Grabe, sarap. In line with our company’s 8th anniversary celebration, may free massage sa 22nd and 31st floor. So after our training, I dropped by and availed of this free offer. Hay... After a long day at work, ‘twas so nice na magpa-massage. It took 20 minutes. My masseuse’ name was Lina and she’s, uhm, blind. Actually, almost all of the masseuses have some kind of visual impairment, but they’re good. I was using all my will power to keep myself from laughing nung minamasahe na’ko around my waist and on my back. Hahaha! Mahina talaga ako sa kiliti, sobra. I had to bite my tongue pa while Lina was pinching and kneading me there. Hahaha. The finale was great. She lifted, stretched, twisted and pressed my arms. Felt so good after. I asked Lina kung saan ang place nila when not “on-call”. Sabi nya minsan sa Starmall, Farmers, Megamall or Alimall. =)

* * *

During our lunch break, I treated myself to a dark brew called Taza de Xocolate (145 bucks, the signature blend of Café Xocolat). Grabe! It’s one of the best hot chocolate in the world, pero magkaka-tonsilitis yata ako dahil dun. The drink was so thick and rich! Bad side is matagal ang preparation for this beverage coz I think they had to beat and whip the chocolate pa to perfection. But calling out to the bosses of this chocolate café, I found 5 to 6 bits of thin plastics sa drink ko. Eewness. Buti naramdaman ko yun while the bittersweet liquid is in my mouth pa. Pa’no kung nilunok ko agad yun? Hay. Now you can say that my first experience with your café is bad. Tsk. Pasalamat na lang yung nag-prepare ng drink ko coz I didn’t feel like being irate kanina, coz it’s like I possessed a slight cheer after consuming so much chocolate. Whew. Really, chocoholics like me are pacified once they get their sweets.

And to top it all… Mommy Veda gave me four chocolate brownies during our last break.

Well sometimes, too much… is just right. Hehe. For me, at least.

Ciao.

0 comments: