Monday, January 21, 2008

The entire Mid Market Group (that’s us) is moving to Shaw on February 4, so we could be “united” with the other departments under the same account. Hayz. We have two weeks left before the "program consolidation". Wala pa kami don but I already miss Libis. I love this place. Here are the reasons why…

The ops are located in the 20th floor of Cyberone building, in which the first 3 floors are the Cybermall. MALL! And just a stone’s throw is the Eastwood Mall. It’s a fun surrounding! Then I always like bookstores. I love the smell of books and the sight of cramped book shelves. So before our shift starts, I enjoy having a short look-around in National Bookstore-Cybermall and those small bookstores inside the Eastwood mall. In Shaw, yes, Starmall, Shangrila and SM Megamall are not far away from the site but you’d have to cross busy avenues to get there, including EDSA! Unlike here, the roads in Eastwood are not that wide and only a few cars and cabs pass. Kahit maglaro ka pa ng teks sa gitna. The busy main roads (C5 & E.Rod. Jr. Ave.) enclose this westernized compound but you can’t see them from within. You won’t even smell the combustion even if you’re eating outside the resto, these open-air dining areas I’ve come to love in Eastwood. Sigh.

Masaya mag-foodtrip dito. Cravin’ for ice cream? Go to DQ. Fastfood? Dash for McDo, Jollibee, Chowking or KFC. Turning Japanese? Say itadakimasu at Tokyo Tokyo or Teriyaki Boy. Want something Italian? Visit Pirata or Fazoli (and say ‘hi’ to my favorite garlic breads please). Got a monstrous hunger? Gobble up the midnight buffet in Somethin’ Fishy or the famous tapa in Rufo’s. Wanna try different cuisines? Check out Serye, Ebisu or Jack's Loft. Feel like dancing a bit? There’s Ipanema or The Basement, which I found out is really located underground (Rina, di pala tubig yung ininom ko dun? Huhu. Kayo talaga..). Gusto mo magpalibre ng pizza sa supervisors mo? Abduct them and untie their hands in Yellow Cab (Di ba naman RJ, Louie & Peaches? Hehehe). May Go Nuts Donuts nga rin pala. At sa mga panahong di ka nagtitipid, stop at Starbucks, Seattle’s Best or Gloria Jeans. Pero kung feel mo lang kumain ng vetsin (Team Sprint’s term for chips), uminom ng softdrinks, o bumili ng kung anu-anong fingerfoods to have something to munch on while you’re working (ehem, bisyo ko), pop in at 7-11 or Mini Stop before riding the elevator, going up up up up…. I didn’t mention the other restaurants ‘coz I can’t remember their names and I haven’t yet tasted their food. There are a lot of kiosks around that sell fruit shakes, donuts, potato fries, juice, and so forth. Grabe, all the food establishments I have mentioned stand side by side. If you’re not careful, you’d grow horizontally in Eastwood. Haha.

Other things that I’ll miss:
-- Floor-hopping in Cyberone
-- My lockers! (Noong TQ, I had one with Rina. Then I got 2 lockers when I was moved to ES: one assigned locker that I share with Bucci and another one that I just use unnoticed. Hehe. Kasi wala naman talagang gumagamit eh)
-- Foosball and Table Tennis
-- My workstation
-- The forbidden-but-tolerated stuff Joan & I do
-- The Country Style kiosk at the 3rd floor (source ng aking Triple Choco Boom)
-- The boutiques and accessories shops
-- Pagsakay ng jeepney to “Ever Rosario”, at yung pagbaba kapag sumigaw na yung driver ng “Citibank! Citibank!” only to find out that you don’t really debark near “Citibank” dahil across “Banco de Oro” ka binaba. Kwela.
-- Pagsakay ng tricycle sa Monark, at yung paminsan-minsang backride. Weee!
-- Yung mga kachikahan kong nurses sa clinic (colleagues!)
-- The landscape and horizon I see from the window of the 28th floor sleeping lounge (Dun din nawala yung Nokia 5200 ko)
-- Places that I pass on my way, including “Manggahan” na wala namang puno ng mangga and “Santolan” na wala namang puno ng santol
-- The peeps I’ve come to know, those who are not going to Shaw.
-- Station 168 - where I play Warcraft with my workmates

One thing that I might come back for: Free concert at the Plaza.

Now, now… I’m getting too sentimental. I should stop this na.

0 comments: