Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This is the first time that I made a list of my year-round bests and worsts, ‘coz I kinda liked the idea after reading some strangers’ seriocomical recollections of 2007. It’s fun actually so I plan on making it a tradition here in my site. If you’re not interested, then begone, mortal! Otherwise, amuse-toi bien! Ha ha.

BEST PURCHASE: A pair of black Chucks that kept my feet from freezing in the office
Next best thing: Raven – my new mobile phone (Nokia N73 ME)

WORST PURCHASE: That thick fancy bracelet I bought in Starmall. Feels so big and heavy on my wrist that I rarely wear it.

BEST SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENT: Graduating in college with some “accolades”. To God be the glory and honor. (So since I‘ve already graduated, the scholastic category may no longer appear in the following years. Hm, sounds like I’m gonna be a blogger for a long time…)

BEST CAREER EXPERIENCE: Becoming a support engineer for Intuit, and receiving 100%-sat survey results from our customers.

BEST NEWS: August 2006 – Text message from Kim, telling me that I passed the local Nursing board exam.

WORST NEWS: January – Woke up one morning with an odd feeling, then I was told that my grandpa has passed away.

BEST SNACK: Country Style’s Triple Choco Boom. This became my pick-me-up food whenever I’m tired from work.

BEST DRINK: 7-11’s Big Gulp of fourseason and pineapple mix. Yeah, I mix ‘em in one cup. Drinking this for like 3 to 4 times a week.

BEST GARMENT BOUGHT: A white Every Nation jacket c/o Ate Ethel

BEST TRIP: Going to the prayer mountain in Rizal on April.

WORST EXPERIENCE: Sleeping at the prayer mountain with only my thin shirt and shorts to protect me from the cold night wind, having just this thin mattress between me and the cement. I was totally freezing and shivering!


BEST MOVIE WATCHED AT HOME: The Godfather trilogy
*Why “watched at home”? I’m not much of a movie-goer last year ‘coz of tight skeds so I seek “restitution” at home.

WORST MOVIE: Slither! Kadiri talaga 'tong film na 'to. Gross and creepy! Yakididakdak to the highest level!!!

IMPRESSIVE ARTISTS WHO DIDN’T START THEIR CAREER LAST YEAR BUT THAT I CAME TO LIKE LAST YEAR:
1. Switchfoot – I admire the message of their songs. Sobrang may sense.
2. Oasis – Sarap sabayan ng lyrics.
3. Six Cycle Mind – It all started when I first heard their rendition of “Upside Down”
4. Audioslave – Genius!
5. Spongecola – I didn’t like this band before ‘coz of their first released singles. Parang mababaw kasi yung message ng songs. But last year I discovered “Gunita”, “Neon” and “Gemini”. They’re pretty good.
6. Darkfield Illuminator – Gothic band. I like the song effects.
7 Spirit 101 – Gothic band. I like the guitar-drum pattern.
8. Stormgarde – Gothic band again. (Pardon the goth in me.) The female vocalist has a very distinct voice, different from my all-time favorite Amy Lee, but still striking in its own way. She just have a slightly funny acent.
9. Beseech – Don’t I just love “Innerlane”? Sigh. By the way, they’re gothic. So you think I’m a bit biased?
10. U2 – Great band. I wonder why I wasn’t really aware of them before?


* SPECIAL MENTION:
1. Disturbed – This band’s songs are really disturbing. But let’s give ‘em recognition for the brains.
2. System of a Down – (drums: dag dag dag boom!) “Life is but a dream, drifting on a stream… A stream… Consciously it seems all of what remains… Ego brain… and they shame!!! Sheeeym, laaaab after it re eh eh eh eyns…..” Hahahaha. Nakakatawa lang sabayan yung kanta nila. Hihihi.

AWESOME SONGS THAT WEREN’T RELEASED LAST YEAR BUT THAT I DISCOVERED LAST YEAR:
1. From the Inside Out – Hillsong United
2. Meant to Live – Switchfoot
3. Collide – Howie Day
4. Innerlane – Beseech
5. I Don’t Want to be – Gavin DeGraw

BEST BOOK READ: The Heavenly Man by Yun

BEST DECISION: Stick with God no matter what. =)

0 comments: