Monday, July 6, 2009

Cyber Vagabond

The consumptive career path I chose to lead has somewhat cropped my leisure time and plucked hobbies out of my hands. Not that I'm complaining. On the contrary, I love my work as a knight in shockingly white armor equipped with a lance, er, syringe. But as you have probably noticed, it's been 6 months since I last posted a blog. Now that I'm posting a new one, I don't know if I'm going to be active in this thing again... Hmm. OK, enough of the guilt-smudged quasi-introduction. Here comes the blabber.

Are you an internet addict? Why do I have the feeling that you are? I am hands down a cyber vagabond myself, browsing and typing to infinity and beyond! (As much as my free time would allow.) My O.C.-ness has mixed up with my geekiness so it's not surprising that I keep a password-locked spreadsheet of the log-in details of all my web accounts. This little Excel file could tell you that I have signed up on over 70 online whatnots over the years, mostly forums and social networks. Regardless of the number, I only have one favorite website at a time.

For example, in college, Friendster was part of my daily routine.

On my last year in college and about a year after grad, not a week would pass without me posting or checking on Google Blogger. This.

After I resigned from my first job (and a nasty breakup), I became totally hooked on Multiply to the point that I almost deleted my account in Friendster because I realized that it's boring despite the updates. Impelled by pretty Multiply themes, I learned how to analyze and write CSS, HTML and BBC.

From December last year up to May, Shelfari was my favorite site. There I joined discussions and even started my own group. Not a day goes by without me checking on my virtual library and exchanging book suggestions with other people here and across the sea. I have to admit that I'm also glued on Yahoo Answers then. I'm a level 3 answerer by the time I grew tired of suggesting solutions to problems of people, who some were annoyingly stubborn.

Now, Friendster could crash to pieces and I'll still be smiling. Though I still like Blogger, Multiply and Shelfari, my current favorite is Facebook. Oops, there's this visiting idea in my head again to delete my account in Friendster... But for sentimental reasons, I guess I'll keep the account. Oh, I remember signing up in MySpace back in college... Nuh uh, still not interested. Let it rot. Hehe. OK, I don't admire Facebook like crazy. There's this application that graces the social network. It's called Mafia Wars? That's the reason why I check on FB every single day.

Have you heard of Mafia Wars? I'll talk about it in my next post. Ta ta.

0 comments: