Thursday, March 6, 2008

I was texting Rina sometime last week (or was it this week?), and was telling her the unhappy things that happened to me lately. She said it's a "series of unfortunate events." So that's the title of this blog. Here goes...

These all happened within the last two weeks:

1. My umbrella was stolen 9 days ago. It's new and I only kept it for 8 days!
2. Last thursday, I locked my locker key inside my locker. (Tongue twister huh?)
3. Friday. I found the extra key at home and finally opened my locker. Then on Monday, I detached the two keys from my ID lace and put them in my wallet. What am I thinking? Absent-mindedly, I locked my wallet inside the locker.
4. Last January, I wasn't reading the quotes I received in my phone. That's just to see how many quotes I get in a month. After around four weeks, I had 258 unread messages. Now my phone's got a virus. I have barely 30 messages in my phone and it's already telling me this: "Memory low. Delete some data." Did several things just to fix the issue but the same error message keeps on popping up. Right now, I can't send messages. I can't even add new contacts.
5. James C., our trainer, told us that we'll be assigned in Makati next week. For good.

What a bummer.

But the good news in all this is every thing can be replaced or fixed. Thank God.

1. I got another umbry. Not new though.
2. After filing my request, someone from the security department had force opened my locker. Destroyed my padlock in the process, so I bought a new keyless lock (roughly 200 bucks from Ace hardware) in which I'd just have to turn the dials correctly to unlock it.
3. Goodbye Libis... Sunny side up: I'll get to see Rina & Khala in Makati.

Oops. I remember one of my old favorite sayings...
"Everything happens for a reason, and the ultimate outcome will benefit me."

Now that took out all the crappiness I felt.

Watch out for my next posts about the "virus" problem...

0 comments: